This week I am leading our children’s ministry team in a retreat (we call it an advance).
Today we spent the entire day working on ourselves as leaders. We spent time with Jesus, had a Bible study, talked about personal responsibility and sharpened some of our ministry skills.
Tomorrow we will spend the entire day in strategic planning. A big part of this will be questioning everything we do. We’ll take every part of our ministry and ask these and other questions.
- Does this still correlate with our goals?
- Is this still helping us accomplish our purpose?
- Is this overlapping or duplicating something else we are doing?
- Are we seeing lives changed through this?
- Is it working?
- Does it need to be tweaked or adjusted?
- How can we improve it?
- Do we need to stop doing it?
Question everything in your ministry on a regular basis. If you don’t, you’ll find yourself busy but ineffective. Just because it worked yesterday doesn’t mean it will work today.