What Discourages You in Ministry? Be Encouraged!
There are so many things about children’s ministry which brings us joy – seeing children come to know Jesus, watching volunteers enjoy serving, seeing how God answers prayer . . . and so many more! But, there are also things which can be discouraging. Not having the volunteers you need, budget issues, conflict . . . and so many more.Discouragement can so easily lead to doubt; did God really call us to serve in children’s ministry? Are we really “cut out” for this? Can we continue on? Discouragement is difficult and can take a high toll on our ministry. Anyone can be discouraged by things which happen in ministry, but if we remain discouraged, not only can we be discouraged, but our ministry can be damaged or even come to a stop.It is important; especially when we feel discouraged, to tell ourselves the truth. The truth is . . .
- Nothing is too hard for God! – Jeremiah 32:27 “I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?”
- God does see and He does care about what is happening! 2 Peter 1:5 “Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.”
- God’s plans are for our good and bring us hope! – Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
- We can tell God about the things which discourage us! Matthew 11:28,29 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”
- If we trust God, He will give us the strength we need! Isaiah 40:29-31 “He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.“
- God will give us what we need! Philippians 4:19 “And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.“
Yesterday I posted about how doubt does not stop God, take a moment and read the post and listen to the sermon on the link.
And one more – remember . . . NOTHING can separate us from God and the victory is ours because Jesus has overcome! Romans 8:37-39 “No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
So, what discourages you in ministry?