1. Make an apple sandwich. Slice apples crosswise for the “bread.” Experiment with different things in the middle: cream cheese, peanut butter (careful with allergies), raisins, chocolate chips.
2. Cut apples in half. Dip in washable paint and stamp on a big sheet of paper. Use fingertip dipped in green to make leaves on the apples.
3. Make a person. Find some sticks and insert into the apple for arms and legs. (Or use red licorice twists.) Attach a marshmallow on top for the head.
4. Bowl with apples. Set up empty water bottles for the bowling pins. Roll an apple down a long strip of paper toward the water bottles.
5. Hang apples from a tree with a string. Swing each apple. Have a contest to see who can catch an apple in their mouth the quickest.
6. Make race cars. Cut the apple into segments. Place the apple cut side down on a plate. Cut grapes in half and place on the apple slice for wheels.
7. Make caramel apples. Use sticks (as in from a tree) instead of the normal “popsicle” sticks. Drizzle chocolate on the apples or roll in nuts or M and M’s.
8. Glue googly eyes to an apple. Simple but fun.
9. Make applesauce. Mix 4 apples- peeled and chopped- with ¾ cup water, ¼ cup sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Cook for 20 minutes. Mash.
10. Make a ladybug out of an apple. Cut the apple in half. Place cut side down on a plate. Make a cut in the middle ¾ of the way from the bottom to top. Spread the two pieces to form the wings of the ladybug. Place raisins on the wings using cream cheese or peanut butter to hold in place. Use small pretzel sticks for the antenna.
Check out our pinterest apple board for more ideas.