Yesterday I wrote, “The Summer is over and Fall ministries are beginning, so now is the perfect time to take a moment to pause, reflect, evaluate, and give Thanks!“, and then took time to consider pausing.
Today I want to take a moment to consider what it means to “reflect” and why we should do so, but first; let’s think about what “reflect” means. I looked on-line and found the following synonyms for “reflect” . . . “chew over; think over; meditate; mull; mull over; muse; ponder; ruminate; reflect; speculate; contemplate”. So, with these in mind, let’s think about taking a moment to “reflect” . . .
- As you “reflect” or “chew over”, “think over”, ponder or contemplate the past three months, what did you do which you are really happy with?
- What went the way you wanted it to – for the most part?
- What did you do over the summer which you want to be sure to do again in the Summer of 2015?
- What did you do which you can continue or build on through the Fall?
- What did not go the way you wanted it to?
- What did you do over the summer which you do not want to repeat in the Summer of 2015?
- If you are not going to repeat something you did, what will you do to replace it for Summer 2015?
- What do you wish you had tried?
- Is there something new you think you might like to try for Summer 2015?