Here’s ten easy steps to preach to kids:
1. FOCUS – on one message per week.
2. THINK LIKE A KID – Send everything through the kid filter.
3. TEACH IN A SERIES – This will help your kids know where you are going.
4. BE VISUAL – Use short films, power points, object lessons, and dramas.
5. TELL STORIES – The best preachers are good storytellers.
6. KEEP IT MOVING – Change what you are doing every five to seven minutes.
7. STAY CURRENT – If you package an eternal message in an old wrapper it seems like an old message.
8. TARGET YOUR PEER LEADERS – Your leaders are the oldest kids in the room
9. BE FUNNY – When people laugh it opens up their heart.
10. REVIEW AND REPETITION – Kids don’t get it if you just say it one time.
If you’ve been saying YES to all these things I listed then you need to be building them into your kids’ ministry program and curriculum.
These are the ten steps I use in developing ALL my curriculum at Super Church.