We have all heard the depressing statistics of students leaving their faith behind shortly after leaving their parents homes. If you want to see your kids love God for the long haul you need to hear this interview with Matt Guevara. He is the Executive Director of INCM – International Network of Children’s Ministry – and a pretty cool guy.
You can watch the video interview, listen to the audio, or download the audio for transferring to your mobile device. All the links are right below.
Main Topic: My Interview with Matt Guevara
In this interview, I ask Matt three primary questions:
- What would you tell parents about connecting their kids with their faith?
- What advice would you give to children’s and youth pastors?
- What are your Top 5 apps, blogs, and tech tips for connecting the next generation with faith?
Believe me when I tell you that three questions was plenty! Matt has a wealth of experience, knowledge, and passion. He also gives more than five answers to the last question. Scroll down to find all the links.
The most eye-opening statistic Matt shared…
The #1 factor for faith beyond high school is casual conversations about faith with mom. The #2 factor is casual conversations about faith with dad.
The most challenging thing Matt shared (regarding the need for our own continuous pursuit of God and His Word)…
You can’t export what you don’t own.”
Watch the interview…
NOTE: I am not sure what is happening, but my last two Skype interviews – once published – have the audio a little out of sync. I’m trying to clean it up and will repost a better video if/when I get that done. Just thought I’d warn you in case that’s something that drives you crazy!
Listener Question (Listen at 24:56)
What is the farthest you’ve traveled in your ministry?
For several years I went to Europe to speak on military bases. A few years ago I went to Tokyo, where some good friends were on staff with CRU (formerly Campus Crusade for Christ). While I was there, I had the opportunity to go to Hong Kong and share my one-man, Christmas comedy.
Can I answer your question on a future episode?
If you’d like to have your question answered on a future episode, here are the ways you can submit it:
- Call the dedicated Podcast Voicemail Line: (425) 522-3487
- Shoot me an email: podcast– at – keithferrin.com
- Record a voicemail – up to 90 seconds – at www.speakpipe.com/keithferrin.
- Send a message through my Facebook Page
- Send a message though my Contact Page
- Leave a comment here on this page.
Links (People, Info, and Resources) from Episode 33:
- Matt Guevara on Twitter
- International Network of Children’s Ministry (where Matt is the Executive Director)
- Superbook App – iTunes or Google Play
- ReadyMag – Site for creating presentations and microsites.
- Deckset – Site for turning your notes into presentations.
- Huge Ideas – This is a blog for an ad agency, but they write a ton about digital learning and creativity.
- MindShift – This blog is run by a radio station (not kidding) but is a fantastic resource for how digital learning and the next generation go hand in hand.
- BOOK: The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses, and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution by Walter Isaacson
- BOOK: The App Generation: How Today’s Youth Navigate Identity, Intimacy, and Imagination in a Digital World by Howard Gardner
- Click here to get your FREE copy of My Top 10 Online Bible Study Tools
- Direct link to this podcast on iTunes.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Subscribing to Any Podcast on Any Device (with screen shots)
- Podcast Art – Pipe & Tabor (Vancouver, WA)
- Intro/Outro Music – Dan Carollo of CeltoGrass Music
Question: Which of these questions will you apply first?