Growing your ministry is challenging. Often, we want a quick fix – the big event, or the big recruiting push, or…or…or. But quick fixes don’t work any more than a kid trying to be an adult simply by eating a big meal.
But this does not happen overnight. It takes a commitment to the process. It takes dogged determination. It takes overcoming setbacks & disappointments. It takes a lot of hard work.
Few are willing to do the work.
For those who are, here’s a simple outline of how to develop great leaders in your ministry:
1. Grow yourself as a leader. You can only pass on to others what you already possess yourself. In order to develop great leaders, you need to be a great leader.
What are you doing to develop & grow yourself as a leader – what’s your daily plan?
2. Communicate what leadership looks like. Model leadership. Talk leadership. Teach leadership. Mentor. Coach. Train.
How are you passing what you are learning about leadership on to your team?
3. Create leadership labs. People will learn leadership best in safe environments – leadership labs. Assign low-risk responsibility, with close oversight & continued mentoring, to allow leaders to “practice” leading.
What responsibilities are you currently managing that you can pass on to others in order to allow them to practice their leadership skills?
4. Let leaders lead. Once your leaders have proven a level of proficiency, let go and let them lead. They
may will not do everything the way you would, but that’s OK. Let them lead. Be available & attentive to guide & instruct, but . . . let them lead.
What do you need to let go of and let someone else lead?
How committed are you to actually developing leaders around you? Take the leap and change your ministry forever.
– See more at: http://kidmin360.com/how-to-grow-your-childrens-ministry/#sthash.VioDVPnS.dpuf