I know many of those who lead children’s ministry often dream of having a whole team of MVP’s. Who wouldn’t? Who wouldn’t want a volunteer team that is perfect? Well I hate to burst your bubble, but that isn’t possible here on earth. BUT……..
I believe that if you serve in ministry as a volunteer YOU, can be a most valuable person in your children’s ministry leaders life.
- Don’t: walk in Sunday morning and say, “What are we teaching this morning?” Do: arrive prepared and prayed up so you can bless the children by sharing Jesus with them.
- Don’t: wait until the last minute to inform the leader you can’t be there. (yes we know sometimes it happens!) Do: look ahead on your calendar and help them know they can plan on you.
- Don’t: bring a list of complaints between services. Do: write them down and consider some possible solutions before you share your complaints.
- Don’t: serve grudgingly or because you think, “no one else will” Do: serve with the joy of The Lord!
- Don’t: let your leader be the only one who recruits others to serve. Do: Share your awesome stories of how God is working with your small group with other adults. Invite them to join you!
These are just a few ideas of how you can be a most valuable person for your children’s ministry!
What can you add to our Don’t and Do’s list???