Here’s a fun quiz to do with your family, your clubbers or Trek and Journey teens. Are these thoughts from the Bible? (They are general phrases, not version specific.) Look up the verses at the bottom of the list for the answers. (Feel free to make copies for your family or Awana group.)
WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING PHRASES ARE IN THE BIBLE?
1. Studying too much makes you tired.
3. Don’t eat too many sweets – you might get sick and vomit.
4. Red sky at night, sailor’s delight. Red sky in morning, sailor’s warning.
5. Like mother, like daughter.
6. Go the extra mile.
7. His speech is smooth as butter.
8. Children are a gift from God.
9. A happy heart makes the face cheerful.
10. Lazy hands makes a man poor.
Ecclesiastes 12:12; Proverbs 15:13; Psalm 127:3; Matthew 5:41; Ezekiel 16:44; Matthew 16:2-3; Proverbs 10:4; Proverbs 25:16; Psalm 55:21; Ezekiel 27:28
(The reference in italics is best read in KJV.)