God is Faithful! He does what He says He will do and He does not quit! God is Faithful and I am so thankful He is! Just look at these verses which talk about our amazing, faithful God . . .
- Psalm 86:15 – But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.
- Psalm 89:8 – O LORD God Almighty, who is like you? You are mighty, O LORD, and your faithfulness surrounds you.
- Psalm 108:4 – For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
- Lamentations 3:22-23 – Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
God is faithful and His faithfulness never fails!
So, how does this translate for effective children’s ministry? Well, if we are serious about following Jesus’ example, then we also need to be faithful . . . without fail. For example . . .
- When someone gossips about us, we need to choose to be faithful not to retaliate and to continue to do what we know God wants us to do.
- When we are tired and frustrated because others do not get involved, we need to choose to be faithful not to complain or get a bad attitude and to continue to do what we know God wants us to do.
- When we are not able to move forward with something in our ministry, we need to again, choose to be faithful not to complain or get a bad attitude and to continue to do what we know God wants us to do.
- When we worked hard on something and it just didn’t work out, we need to choose to not give up and continue to do what we know God wants us to do.
We need to be people who are faithful. When we are faithful, we can be sure God will be pleased and while there are many reasons for us to choose to be faithful, knowing it pleases God when we are faithful is enough reason for us to do so!
Being committed to being faithful is essential for effective ministry, so if you are tempted to give up on something; hold on! Don’t give up! Choose to do what you know God wants you to do . . . choose to be fiahtful!