Children’s Ministry thrives because of many reasons, not the least of which is our volunteers. A mark of any good Children’s Ministry leader is how we care for our volunteers. We must find ways to serve them and bless them throughout the year, but Christmas is an especially opportune time to do this.
1. Give them permission to NOT volunteer in additional Christmas programs.
2. Send them a personal note of thanks, not just for all that they do, but for who they are to you.
3. Make an effort to make sure they attend the special Christmas service / events – not just serve in them.
4. Personally drop by to give them a small gift of thanks for their commitment to children’s ministry.
5. Have the kids in their class (or better yet, the parents) sign a card expressing their appreciation & wishing them a Merry Christmas.