Preschool ministry is such an important part of the church.
Research shows that the first five years of a child’s life are vital. Early experiences provide the base for development and functioning throughout life. Children learn more quickly in their early years than at any other time in life.
I tell parents the most challenging years of parenting are the preschool and teenage years. I also believe preschool ministry is one of the most challenging but rewarding areas of children’s ministry.
Preschool volunteers are my heroes. In honor of preschool volunteers everywhere…here’s 10 reasons why preschoolers are tougher than football players.
- Football players smell after a game…ever smell a preschooler after an accident?
- Football players hit hard…preschoolers bite hard.
- Football players begin running out of energy in the 4th quarter…preschoolers never run out of energy.
- Football players yell in warm-ups…preschoolers yell so loud you can hear them over 100 adults in a restaurant or airplane.
- Football players eat protein bars…preschoolers eat glue sticks and crayons.
- Football players hide family secrets…preschoolers tell family secrets.
- Football players throw passes…preschoolers throw tantrums.
- Football players aren’t always brave enough to say what they’re thinking…preschoolers always say what they’re thinking.
- Football players ask questions about plays…preschoolers ask questions about everything.
- Football players play with one ball…preschoolers play with hundreds of balls in the ball pit.
– See more at: http://www.relevantchildrensministry.com/2014/11/10-reasons-preschoolers-are-tougher.html#sthash.CpzFYJ5T.dpuf